Apply Now for Walton EMC’s Youth Tour
Every year, Walton EMC sends four local high school sophomores or juniors, all-expense paid, to represent our co-op and learn valuable leadership skills on the Electric Cooperative Youth Tour.
Delegates from all across the country interact with our nation’s leaders and experience our nation’s capital. Don’t delay – apply now!
Last year’s Walton EMC Youth Tour delegates, from left, Tena Nguyen, Abi Ivemeyer, Mehul Mehra and Kusona Fortingo, joined 111 new Georgia friends for eight jam-packed days that included seeing iconic sights in Washington, D.C., and meeting with our state’s senators and representatives.
- Be a high school sophomore or junior.
- Live, or attend a school, in WEMC’s service area.
- Have your parent’s permission to enter.
- Commit to making the trip on June 8-15 if you win.
Follow These Steps
- Complete and send the entry form, parent’s authorization and student commitment. Walton EMC must receive this form by 5 p.m., Friday, Feb. 17.
- You’ll receive study material in the mail.
- Take a written test covering the study material on Monday, March 6.
- The eight contestants scoring the highest on the written test will advance to a short interview.
- Judges choose four winners and two alternates.