Having Trouble Paying Your Bill? Talk to Us.
We want to work together to help you through these unprecedented times.
If you’re having trouble paying your bill, please call and talk to one of our customer care representatives. In many cases, they can work with you on a plan to spread out payments or catch up on past due balances. Each plan is tailored to the specific situation.
Please don’t leave things to chance. Letting us know what’s going on is the best course of action.
Besides keeping the lines of communication open, here are more resources to help you:
Levelized Billing allows you to pay nearly the same amount on your electric bill each month, removing the month-to-month peaks and valleys caused by changing weather, changing energy use and other factors.
PrePay is pay-along electricity. Instead of receiving a monthly bill after the fact, you set the payment plan and amounts that fit your budget. PrePay gives you control over your energy costs and is available to most residential accounts. There is no extra cost or deposit for the program. PrePay may be right for you if it’s easier to make weekly or bi-weekly advance payments or you’re interested in closely monitoring your energy use.
SENIOR CITIZEN LOW-INCOME DISCOUNT
Qualifying seniors are eligible for a 50 percent monthly service charge discount.
- Be at least 65 years old.
- Have a total annual household income of $20,000 or less.
- Only your primary residence is eligible.
- Apply in the customer-owner's name.
Other programs not administered by Walton EMC include:
UNITED WAY 211
Dial 211 or visit unitedwayatlanta.org/need-help. You can also text your zip code and need to 898211.
Qualified applicants may be able to receive home heating assistance.
- Household income must be at or below 60 percent of the state median income level.
- Person applying must be responsible for paying the energy costs of the primary home heating source and be a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant.
- The assistance is generally a locally issued check to the utility on your behalf. The one-time benefit ranges from $350 to $400.
Barrow, Clarke, Oconee
DeKalb, Gwinnett, Newton, Rockdale, Walton