Operation Round Up Boosts Local Charities by $73,764
- Appalachee Baptist Association (all counties) – $7,000 for a trailer and equipment to use in disaster relief.
- Atlanta Community Food Bank (DeKalb, Gwinnett, Morgan, Newton, Rockdale, Walton) – $10,000 to help feed people in need.
- Books for Keeps, Inc. (Clarke) – $5,000 to provide books for children and teens of low-income families.
- Creative Community Services (Barrow, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Newton Rockdale, Walton) – $3,000 to help youth with developmental disabilities as they transition out of the foster care system.
- Disabled American Veterans (Barrow, Clarke, Oconee, Walton) - $3,000 toward their Veterans’ Relief Fund.
- Jewish Family and Career Services (DeKalb, Gwinnett, Morgan, Rockdale) – $2,000 to help provide dental services to low-income clients.
- Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry (Gwinnett) – $15,000 for their emergency assistance program.
- Partnership Against Domestic Violence (DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale) – $5,000 to their children’s program and the Gwinnett Shelter.
- Place of Enlightenment, Inc. (Gwinnett, Rockdale, Walton) - $2,629 for education and assistance to low-income families.
- Place of Seven Springs (Gwinnett) – $7,000 for financial assistance to families in distress.
- Quality Care for Children (all counties) – $2,500 for tuition assistance to low-income families.
- Two families – $11,635 for emergency assistance.
Spotlight: Apalachee Baptist Association
Pictured are Jack Segars of Georgia Baptist Convention Disaster Relief, Greg Brooks, Walton EMC community and public relations director and Sandra Roberts of the Walton Electric Trust Board.
When a disaster or catastrophe strikes, units from Southern Baptist Disaster Relief are among the first to respond.
Various units that feed, clean up debris and offer other services needed by those suffering from disaster, are run and staffed by volunteers with a passion for helping others in time of crisis.
Your Operation Round Up just gave $7,000 to the Apalachee Baptist Association to help equip a new chainsaw unit. The unit consists of an enclosed trailer and everything needed to house and safely operate chainsaws used to clear trees after storms and other disasters.