Need Help Paying Your Bill?
Walton EMC Senior Citizen Low-income Discount
Qualifying seniors are eligible for a 50 percent discount on the regular monthly service charge.
- Be at least 65 years old.
- Have a total annual household income of $20,000 or less.
- Only your primary residence is eligible.
- Apply in the customer-owner’s name. Call us at 770-267-2505.
United Way 211
Dial 211 or visit the United Way's website. You can also text your zip code and need to 898211.
Qualified applicants may be able to receive home heating assistance.
- Household income must be at or below 60 percent of the state median income level.
- Person applying must be responsible for paying the energy costs of the primary home heating source and be a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant.
The assistance is generally a locally issued check to the utility on your behalf. The one-time benefit ranges from $350 to $400.
Barrow, Clarke, Oconee: 770-532-3191
Greene, Morgan: 478-453-4111
DeKalb, Gwinnett, Newton, Rockdale Walton: 404-537-4300