Organizations and individuals receiving part of the recent $220,671 allocation include:
- Books for Keeps (Clarke) – $5,000
Books to low-income elementary students during the summer.
- C2IT Equine Therapy (DeKalb, Gwinnett, Morgan, Rockdale, Walton) – $7,500
Therapy for special needs clients.
- Georgia Transplant Foundation (entire territory) – $10,000
Financial assistance and education for transplant patients.
- Gwinnett County Masonic Association (Gwinnett) – $4,000
Christmas meal and gift cards for needy families.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (entire territory) – $3,000
Travel assistance for cancer patients.
- Monroe Art Guild (Newton, Oconee, Rockdale, Walton) – $8,000
Art kits for children at trauma scenes.
- Northeast Georgia RESA (Barrow, Clarke, Greene, Morgan, Oconee, Walton) – $2,699.77
Laptops for deaf/hard of hearing services.
- Penfield Christian Homes (entire territory) – $10,000
Treatment for substance abuse.
- Prevent Child Abuse Athens (Barrow, Clarke, Oconee, Walton) – $2,000
Parent education, support and nurturing program.
- Walton County Helping Hands Club (Walton) – $5,000
Christmas gifts for needy children.
- Classic City Lions Club (Barrow, Clarke) – $1,429
Vision screening for children.
- Extra Special People (entire territory) – $7,500
Tuition help for program services.
- Interfaith Hospitality Network (entire territory) – $8,000
Services for homeless.
- NG3 (Gwinnett, Walton) – $10,000
Expanding their high school athlete mentoring program.
- New Path 1010 (Barrow) – $2,000
Weekend meals for needy students.
- Oconee County 4-H (Oconee) – $8,140
Cloverleaf, Junior and Senior project achievement
- Rachel’s Gift (entire territory) – $2,000
Expanding assistance to parents who lose infants.
- YMCA (Clarke, Greene, Oconee, Walton) – $10,000
Snacks for children in after-school programs.
- Eight families (entire service area) – $33,061.81
- American Red Cross, Friends of Disabled Adults and Children, Food Bank of Northeast Georgia, Judy House Ministries, Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry, Place of Seven Springs (entire service area) – $75,000
Organizations that provide emergency shelter, food and medical care.