Walton EMC’s Youth Tour Now Accepting Applications
Last year’s Walton EMC Youth Tour delegates, from left, Abiseniya Lemma, Elise Karinshak, Presley Rowe and Kaelyn Kim, spent eight jam-packed days with new Georgia friends that included seeing Washington, D.C.’s iconic sights and meeting with our state’s Senators and Representatives.
Every year, Walton EMC sends four local high school sophomores or juniors to represent our co-op, hone their leadership skills and experience our nation’s capital on the Electric Cooperative Youth Tour. The experience is all-expenses paid!
Delegates from all across the country interact with our nation’s leaders and see firsthand how government works. Don’t delay – apply now!
- Be a high school sophomore or junior.
- Live or attend a school in WEMC’s service area.
- Have your parent’s permission to enter.
- Commit to making the trip on June 7-14 if you win.
Follow These Steps
- Complete and send the entry form, parent’s authorization and student commitment. Walton EMC must receive this by 5 p.m., Friday, Feb. 9.
- You’ll get study material in the mail.
- Take a written test on Monday, March 5 on the study material.
- The eight contestants scoring the highest on the written test will advance to a short interview.
- Judges choose four winners and two alternates.
Three Ways to Get an Entry Form: