A Trip of a Lifetime
January 7, 2022
If you’re a high school sophomore or junior living or attending school in Walton EMC’s service area, you could be one of four students who win an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., as a participant in the Washington Youth Tour.
This leadership development opportunity provides a peek at how our state and national governments work and what it takes to be a better leader. The trip includes one-on-one meetings with congressional delegates, visits to the White House and national monuments and enjoying social activities with other Tour delegates from across the nation.
- Complete the entry form and submit it to Walton EMC by the deadline.
- Take a written test on provided material covering topics such as electricity, cooperatives, Walton EMC and the electric utility industry.
- The eight students with the best score will move on to the interview round of the contest where the judges will choose four winners and one alternate.
- Be a high school sophomore or junior
- Live or attend a school in WEMC’s service area
- Have your parent’s permission to enter
- If selected, you must commit to the trip
- Past winners are not eligible
- Entry Form Deadline: Friday, February 11, 2022.
- Contest: Monday, March 7, 2022, 6:30 p.m. at Walton EMC Headquarters 842 U.S. Highway 78 NW Monroe, GA 30655
- Washington Youth Tour: June 16–23, 2022