If you are currently experiencing a power outage, please inform Walton EMC via one of the methods below.
Use the button below for the fastest and most convenient way to report an outage or view a map of current outages.
Call us at 770.267.2505. If you call us, follow the voice prompt to report the outage. In order for the system to serve you efficiently, be sure, when the voice prompt asks, to enter the correct telephone number at the location of the outage.
Visit our Storm Center for comprehensive information on preparing for and coping with power outages, including tips for medically fragile patients, generators, food spoilage, storm safety and power restoration.
Outage Reporting Tips
Before Your Report:
- Check the breaker panel. Check both the inside panel and outside disconnect to make sure the outage isn’t due to a tripped main breaker. The outdoor disconnect is located close to your electric meter (older homes probably won’t have an outside disconnect).
- If the main breaker is tripped, it will be stopped halfway between “off” and “on.” Turn the breaker to the “off” position first and then back to “on” to reset it.
- If you do have power in part of your home, check individual breakers to see if they’re tripped.
- Call your neighbors to see if their power is also off.
- If you determine the problem is outside your home, report your outage.
When You Report:
- To report via mobile app or online, you’ll need one of these identifiers: (1) phone number on file with Walton EMC; (2) your account number; or (3) your meter number.
- To report via phone, you’ll need the phone number on file with Walton EMC.
- Other information that helps us includes the name on electric account, the street address where outage is occurring, the phone number where you can be reached, and the cause of the outage (if you know).
- Use waltonemc.com or our mobile app to report your outage. Electronic reports are the fastest way to get your information to us. Online reports receive the same priority as reports by phone and take you much less time.
- Make sure Walton EMC has your correct phone number. You can see that number at the top of your electric bill.
- If our automated outage system answers your call, carefully listen to the prompts to get the fastest service. If you’re not calling from the phone we have on file, the computer won’t recognize you. You’ll have a chance later in the process to leave your phone number.
- If your power flickers on and off and then stays on, you don’t need to call us.