Request Temporary Service
- Apply for temporary service by calling a Walton EMC Customer Care Representative at 770.267.2505.
- Request inspection of your temporary pole from your county/city electrical inspection department. Walton EMC is notified by the county/city when inspection is completed.
Delivery of temporary service can take up to two weeks after application and inspection are received.
Important: Walton EMC is required by state law to wait for underground utility location before trenching. This may take up to three business days.
Request Permanent Underground Electric Service
- Apply for permanent service (even if you have temporary service at this location) by calling a Walton EMC Customer Service Representative at 770.267.2505.
- Request inspection by your county or city inspection department in order to receive approval to set the meter.
- Mount the meter base. See Pad and Meter Specifications.
- As soon as the meter base is installed and the lot has been cut to grade, notify Walton EMC’s Operations Department that you are ready for service to be dug in to the meter base. Service is usually available within two weeks.
- If Walton EMC receives the inspection report from the county or city, it may dig your service without being called.
- Walton EMC is required by state law to wait for underground utility location before trenching. This may take up to three business days.
Get Power Connected
- Request inspection from your county/city inspection department. Walton EMC is notified by the county/city when the inspection is complete and the power can be connected.
- The homebuyer should apply for an electric account at a Walton EMC office before power is connected, or the power can be turned on with the account in the builder’s name. In this case the account can be transferred to the homebuyer’s name at a later date. Call the Walton EMC office nearest you to apply.