Thanks to its rural character and well-preserved small towns, Walton County and its neighbors are always ready for their close-up when television and movie production companies come calling. Familiar historic landmarks, main streets, businesses, farms and even country lanes have made cameo appearances in some recent productions.
Among the locations taking a star turn in recent TV shows and movies:
- The distinctive Walton County Courthouse is featured in “A Jazzman’s Blues” on Netflix.
- Season 3 of the popular Netflix show “Sweet Magnolias” regularly shoots scenes in Social Circle.
- Loganville’s Main Street and Town Green were transformed into the fictional town of Deerfield, La., for the Apple TV+ series “The Big Door Prize.”
- Scenes for Marvel Cinematic Universe’s “Echo” were shot at the Great Walton Railroad in Social Circle.
- “Jerry and Marge Go Large,” a Paramount+ movie was filmed in downtown Social Circle in 2021.
- Walton EMC commercial member Kent Rock Manor near Walnut Grove doubled as the fictional Salvatore Boarding School for The CW’s “Legacies” series.
- The Pastures of Rose Creek, a Watkinsville farm owned by Walton EMC customer-owner Will Breedlove and family, is at the center of “Full Count,” a faith-based feature film.
Be A Film Location!
Want to see your home, business or property considered for a TV or movie location? Visit this link to apply. If approved, your property will be added to an online database referenced by TV/film location scouts.