Bill Payment Assistance
Senior Citizen-Low Income Assistance
Qualifying seniors certified by Walton EMC are eligible for a 50 percent discount on their monthly service charge. To qualify, you must:
- Be at least 65 years of age.
- Have a total household income of $20,000 or less per year.
- Have a residential account for a primary residence that is individually metered.
- Apply for Senior Citizen-Low Income Assistance in the customer-owner's name.
Please call us at 770.267.2505 or come by any of our offices to apply.
United Way 211
If you need financial help to pay your electric bill, the United Way provides special services for individuals and families requiring assistance. Call the Community Connection Information & Referral line by dialing 211. On a cell phone, dial 706.353.1313 or 800.924.5085, or visit the website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Qualified applicants may be able to receive home heating assistance through the Low Income Heating and Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- To receive assistance, your household income must be at or below 60 percent of the state median income level.
- The person applying must be responsible for paying the energy cost of the primary home heating source and a U.S. citizen or legal alien.
- The assistance is generally a locally-issued check to the utility on your behalf.
- The one-time benefit payment will range from $310 to $350.
For More Information:
For more information about Bill Payment Assistance, contact the phone number below based on your county.
DeKalb, Gwinnett, Newton, Rockdale, Walton -- Partnership for Community Action: 404.537.4300
Barrow, Clarke, Oconee -- Ninth District Opportunity: 770.532.3191
Greene, Morgan -- Overview: 478.453.4111