Understanding My Bill
Knowing how to read your electric bill is an easy way to monitor your exact energy usage.
Your monthly electric bill contains a lot of important information.
- Return Payment Stub
Please return this portion of the statement with your payment to ensure that your account will be properly credited.
- Meter Readings
In this section, you'll find the current and prior meter readings, kWh used and meter number.
- Energy Use Graph
Shows a visual history of energy use for the last year.
Information that identifies you:
- Billing number
- Meter number(s)
- Member number
- Billing name and current mailing address
Information about your electric consumption:
- Meter reading dates
- Meter readings
- kWh consumption
- The applicable power cost adjustment for the month
- Any credits due
Billing and payment information:
- Previous balance
- Any applicable late fees
- Amount of current bill
- Payment due date
- Billing date
- Bill payment locations and hours
Current residential rates and other fees that you see on your electric bill are listed below for your reference.
Standard Residential Rate (A-15)
Summer (June through October)
- Service Charge* - $21.00
- First 800 kWh - 8¢ per kWh
- All over 800 kWh - 8.7¢ per kWh
Winter (November through May)
- Service Charge* - $21.00
- First 400 kWh - 7.8¢ per kWh
- Next 700 kWh - 5.5¢ per kWh
- All over 1100 kWh - 4.6¢ per kWh
All residential rates subject to Power Cost Adjustment. *Look here for an explanation of the service charge.
Outdoor Security Lighting Service (OL-11)
Overhead Distribution Systems:
100 watt HPS yard light, open bottom fixture, on existing pole - $6.75/month
100 watt HPS yard light, open bottom fixture, on new wood pole - $9.25/month (or $6.75/month with one time $350 contribution for wood pole)
Underground Distribution Systems:
100 watt HPS open bottom fixture - $9.75/month
Membership Fee - $5.00
Security Deposits - Residential Service
The deposit amount will be determined by your credit rating provided by a credit reporting agency. The deposits will be charged according to the following scale:
- Low Credit Rating- $300.00
- Medium Credit Rating - $150.00
- High Credit Rating - No Deposit Required
- Account Establishment - $20.00
- Temporary Service - $100.00
- Late Charge - The greater of $20 or five percent of the arrears amount
- Returned Check - $30.00
- Service Fees for Reconnection (per trip) During Regular Working Hours - $30.00
- Investigation/Tampering Fee - $100.00 for first offense and an additional $100 cumulative charge thereafter (i.e., $200 for second offense, $300 for third offense, etc.).
- Meter Test Fee - $50.00
- Avoid penalties by paying your bill on time. Your Walton EMC bill is due 21 days from the billing date.
- If the due date falls on a day other than a regular business day, payment is due on the next regular business day.
- Accounts not paid by the time the next bill is issued will have a late fee added to the balance. The late fee is equal to the greater of five percent of the arrears amount or $20.
- If the arrears amount remains unpaid after getting the next month's bill, the account is subject to field collection (with a $10 collection fee) or disconnection.
- You will have at least 45 days from billing to disconnection.
- Failure to receive an electric statement does not release you from your obligation to pay.