September 14, 2022
The 2022 tropical storm season is predicted to peak this month. If severe weather heads our way, rest assured Walton EMC is ready to respond.
“Even though we’re 200 miles from the Atlantic coast, Walton EMC’s electrical distribution system can be damaged by wind and rain spinning off from these destructive storms,” said Tim Morris, vice president of engineering and operations. “Your co-op team is constantly training and preparing so that we’re ready to quickly and safely restore power.”
• Extensive power restoration training.
• Cross-train office personnel for logistics support.
• Tree-clearing crews standing by.
• Line crews from other electric co-ops ready to mobilize.
• Stockpile poles, wire and transformers for repairs.
• Line repair vehicles and equipment fueled and ready.
• Stockpile fuel sources.
• Backup communication plan (if telecommunications are down).
• Outage reporting via phone, website or myWaltonEMC app.
• Storm Center website for customer-owner information and resources.