The Applicant hereby applies for membership in, and agrees to purchase electric energy from the Walton Electric Membership Corporation (hereinafter called the Cooperative) upon the following terms and conditions:
- The Applicant will pay to the Cooperative the sum of $5.00 which, unless this application is denied by the Cooperative, will constitute the Applicant’s membership fee. Additional deposits may be required in accordance with conditions of service. A $20.00 account establishment fee will also be required. Membership of a husband and wife shall be a joint membership unless one or both request in writing that the membership shall be singular. All provisions of this application relating to the rights, powers, terms, conditions, obligations responsibilities and liabilities of membership shall apply equally, severally and jointly to them.
- The Applicant will, when electric energy becomes available, purchase from the Cooperative all electric energy purchased for use on the premises described in the application for service and will pay monthly according to the appropriate rate schedule. The Applicant will pay a minimum monthly bill, as determined by the applicable rate schedule, regardless of the number of kilowatt-hours consumed.
- The Applicant will cause the premises to be wired to furnish a point of attachment for the Cooperative’s service facilities which will meet the National Electrical Code and any applicable state or local codes. The Cooperative will designate the location of the point where attachment and meters will be located.
- The Applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the certificate of incorporation and by-laws of the Cooperative and such rules and regulations as may from time to time be adopted by the Cooperative.
- The Applicant, by paying a membership fee and becoming a member, assumes no personal liability or responsibility for any debts or liabilities of the Cooperative.
- It is understood that 50 cents per year will be included in my electric service bill as my subscription fee for the Realite, the monthly membership newsletter for the Cooperative.
- If I fail to make any payment when due, the full unpaid balance of my account may, at the option of the Cooperative, become due and payable. If I have more than one service connection from the Cooperative, any payment for service furnished to me by the Cooperative may, at the option of the Cooperative, be deemed allocated and credited on a pro rata basis to any unpaid balances for all such service connections. If my account is referred for collection by the Cooperative to any outside agency and/or attorney who is not a salaried employee of the Cooperative, I will, to the extent permitted by law, pay all fees and/or court costs.
- Easements: The Applicant will grant to the Cooperative at its request the necessary rights, privileges and easements to construct, operate, replace, repair and perpetually maintain on the property owned or occupied by the undersigned, and in or upon all roads, streets or highways abutting said property, its line or lines for the transmission or distribution of electric energy, and will execute and deliver the Cooperative any conveyance, grant or instrument which the Cooperative shall deem necessary or convenient for said purposes or any of them. All service lines supplying the Applicant with any electric energy and all switches, meters and other appliances and equipment constructed or installed by the Cooperative on said property except so much thereof, if any, as shall be paid for by the undersigned shall at all times be the sole property of the Cooperative, and the Cooperative shall have the right of access to said property to repairs and service, and upon the discontinuance of service for any reason, to remove the same.
Acceptance of this application by the Cooperative shall constitute a contract between the Applicant and the Cooperative, and in further consideration of said acceptance and the installation of facilities by the Cooperative to provide the Applicant with electric energy, the Applicant agrees to take said energy from the Cooperative so long as the Applicant occupies the premises served by the Cooperative.