4 places to install security cameras
March 2, 2023
Security cameras are the most popular form of home security. To help you place cameras where they offer optimal protection outside your home, EMC Security shares these tips.
• BY THE FRONT DOOR. Whether you have a doorbell camera at eye-level or an outdoor camera mounted above the door, a security camera near the front door allows you to:
– See your kids arriving home from school;
– Identify if someone at the door is a friend, neighbor or solicitor;
– Keep an eye on packages; and,
– Prevent your dogs from barking when there’s a visitor.
• BY THE BACK DOOR. This is important if your home is surrounded by wooded areas, that may make it easier for potential burglars to approach before being seen.
• ON A GATE OR FENCE. If your property is gated, or a portion of your fence isn’t visible from your house, installing a camera near the gates will ensure you can see your entire fence line. Also, if there’s a fallen tree on your property, you can see it quicker.
• IN FIRST FLOOR WINDOWS. One of the most common entrances for burglars is a ground floor window. A visible security camera in your first-floor windows will deter potential burglars.
EMC Security offers full-service home security solutions, along with a selection of security
Contact EMC Security at 770-963-0305 or emcsecurity.com. They’ll help you choose the protection that’s right for your home.
Ron Marshall named CEO
One of the primary duties of Walton EMC’s board of directors is to ensure the company’s day-to-day operations are guided and overseen by a qualified, competent chief executive. After careful consideration, the board is pleased to announce Ron Marshall as Walton EMC’s next president and chief executive officer. Beginning his tenure at Walton EMC in […]
EmPOWERing high school students
2023 Walton EMC School EmPOWERment Grants FAST FACTS Total distribution: $241,589 Average grant: $5,252 Number of grants: 46 Schools receiving grants: 34 Total since beginning of program: $2,301,676 Source of money: unclaimed refunds Students at two local high schools are finding a clearer path to the future thanks to School EmPOWERment educational grants funded by Walton […]
Are Energy Star appliances worth the extra expense?
You’re probably familiar with the white star and writing on a blue background that represents the Energy Star program. The label is an important tool for consumers who are in the market for energy efficient products and appliances. But did you know the symbol can mean cash in your pocket? An array of appliances, from […]
Unclaimed refunds March 2023
Energy savers tip March 2023
Q: What is quick pay?
A: When it comes to paying your electric bill, Walton EMC gives you the power to choose. If you prefer quick and easy, no-frills online payment, our online Quick Pay is the option for you. From the waltonemc.com home page, click on the “Login/Pay Bill” button located in the upper right corner. Then, enter your […]
Appreciating her appliances
“Oh, I have that!” That was Walton EMC customer-owner Mary Berrier’s reaction when she read the Realite article “Appreciating Appliances” that detailed the debut dates of some of the most common small household appliances. The Centerville resident has an avocado green Rival Crock-Pot and Sunbeam Mixmaster hand mixer that she still uses, she told friends […]