Because we’re a cooperative, Walton EMC’s focus is what’s best for our customer-owners. In these past few weeks, we’ve been focused on what it takes to keep your essential electric service functioning during these uncertain times as well as keeping both you and our employees safe and healthy.
We have implemented several measures to help ensure that our essential employees are able to continue to do their jobs. Among these are:
- Canceling all non-essential business travel and meetings.
- Limiting internal meetings to small groups of employees.
- Closing the public auditoriums at our Monroe and Snellville offices to outside groups until further notice.
- Implementing a sanitization regimen at all offices that will continue as long as necessary.
- Requiring sick employees to stay at home.
- Practicing good hand washing techniques, workstation cleaning, social distancing and coughing/sneezing etiquette.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations in our customer lobbies and furnishing cashiers with hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes and rubber gloves.
Although our offices remain open, we urge you to take advantage of the internet and telephone if you need to transact business with us.
Call us at 770-267-2505 or visit us online. You can also use the myWaltonEMC app, available at the Apple Store or Google Play to access your account online or perform a number of other functions relating to your electric service. As always, contact us 24/365 for outages.
If you see our employees or crews working in the community, we ask that you not approach, but rather say “Hi” from a safe distance (at least six feet away).
Unfortunately, dishonest criminals may take advantage of the Coronavirus situation. We will never call you demanding payment in order to avoid disconnecting your electric service. We do provide courtesy reminders and alerts to help you manage your electric bill. If you receive a call demanding payment by a credit card, cash cards (like “Green Dot” or “Bluebird” cards) or any other method, hang up and report the call to law enforcement.
Thank you for working with us during these unusual times to keep your electric power available and reliable.